Monday, February 21, 2011

New Rommate

1.     ”Oh Hi. I thought I would be left in the dorm all by myself tonight. The school’s finished now?”
2.     “Hi. So you are my new roommate, right? The dorm parent just told me that there would be one. It has been awhile I had a roommate. This school takes a while picking another student.”
3.      “I’m James. They call me James. You must be Martin. The school’s genius. I heard about you from the dorm parent.”
4.     “They tell me so, I guess. What have you been reading?”
5.     “Oh, oh, nothing. Just...Just a diary that Paul left. He must have left it by accident.”
6.     “Paul? Who is that? Your brother or someone?”
7.     “Uh…he’s your ex-roommate.”
8.     “Oh, I didn’t realize…I mean I didn’t remember his name. Gosh, it’s been so long since he has left – about 2 month, I think.”
9.     “But you guys were in same class for 2 years! At least it said so in his diary.”
10.   “I normally don’t really care for kids in my class…I don’t have time to care for their jokes. I know I am at the top, but if I want to meet the expectation of my parents, if I want to remain at the top, I cannot care for those.”
11.   “But you don’t have to push everyone away from you all the time! Paul was your roommate!”
12.   “Yeah. What does it make a difference? You pushed him in order to get into this school, didn’t you? Didn’t you feel happy when they noticed you we have a seat for a transfer student, and when you got in by ‘pushing’ the other applicants?”
13.   “Yeah…true. But that’s a bit different. It was a fair competition.”
14.   “I am doing a fair competition too. What’s so unfair about my life? It’s not my fault that Paul or Peter or whatever his name was left. He probably had an F or something. A lose in the competition. And I the winner.”
15.   “No. Paul had a serious case of lung disease. I am not sure exactly, but he mentions doctors and breathing problems and so on.”
16.   “Oh. Well, being healthy is part of competition too. Listen, kid, in this society, to win, you have to keep away from everyone around you. Especially those who are inferior to you. They will hold you back in the competition.”
17.   “Do you wish…do you wish you had known Paul more? Or know more about me?”
18.   “No. Why should I?”
19.   “Um…”
20.   “Welcome to the nation’s top high school, my friend.”

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you write with microsoft word it makes the letters too small. Try to copy it into a notepad and copy from that or post it through html file format - or you could just make the letters larger :)


    Great work by the way!

    ReplyDelete